MU Extension MU Extension       University of Missouri    ●    Columbia    ●    Kansas City       Rolla     ●    St. Louis - Money Matters - Consumer Action


Finance Quick Answers



My father just died in Missouri. He was on full Social Security benefits but we have no info on what to do from here...Bank accounts, life policy, no info at all. How can we gain access using his social security number and death certificates to help pay for his funeral?

I am very sorry to hear of your father's death. Here is the link to the Missouri Bar Association: Look up the Missouri Probate Division, which approves the disposition of estates, under publications for the general public.  I think it will answer many of your questions.

If you decide you need an attorney, the Bar also has a link to the Missouri Lawyer Referral Service brochure, which explains the service and gives suggestions for locating an appropriate attorney.



Brenda Procter, M.S., Consumer and Family Economics, College of Human Environmental Sciences, University of Missouri Extension












Can't Find Your Question Here? Try Searching Our Quick Answer Knowledge Base

Last update: Thursday, July 24, 2008




University of Missouri logo links to

Site Administrator: 
Copyright  ADA  Equal Opportunity

MissouriFamilies is produced by the College of Human Environmental Sciences,
Extension Division, University of Missouri-Columbia