How do you do a drugstore wrap for freezer storage?
1) Use enough paper so the edges may be folded down at least three times.
2) Place the meat in the center of the paper.
3) Separate individual servings with sheets of
freezer paper so they will come apart easily before
4) Bring two edges of paper together above the meat
and fold down in 1 inch folds until the paper is tight
against the meat.
5) Press the wrap closely to the meat to force out
6) Seal or fold over the ends at least twice and tie
The drugstore wrap is illustrated in GH 1504, "Freezing Meat, Poultry, Fish, Eggs and Dairy Products".
Barbara Willenberg, Nutritional
Sciences, University of Missouri-Columbia
Last update: Tuesday, May 05, 2009