MU Extension MU Extension       University of Missouri    ●    Columbia    ●    Kansas City       Rolla     ●    St. Louis - Adults and Children - Adolescents



Quick Answers...


What do I do if I suspect a child is being abused?

If you suspect that a child in Missouri is being abused or neglected you should report it to the Missouri Division of Family Services at or 1-800-392-3738. If you are outside of Missouri, call (573) 751-3448.

Visit the Missouri DFS website,, to find out what information you will need to provide, what questions you will be asked, and what to do if you’re not sure if it’s abuse.




Kim Leon, Ph.D., Former Assistant Professor and State Specialist, Human Development & Family Studies, Human Environmental Sciences Extension, University of Missouri-Columbia

Alison Levitch, Human Development & Family Studies Graduate Student, Human Environmental Sciences Extension, University of Missouri-Columbia





Can't Find Your Question Here? Try Searching Our Quick Answer Knowledge Basee

Last update: Wednesday, May 13, 2009





University of Missouri logo links to

Site Administrator: 
Copyright  ADA  Equal Opportunity

MissouriFamilies is produced by the College of Human Environmental Sciences,
Extension Division, University of Missouri-Columbia