What are the warning signs to let me
know that my child needs extra help in school?
Check out these warning signs:
- Regularly complains of an illness before going to school.
- Easily frustrated when doing homework.
- Frequently complains about classmates and/or teachers.
- Has few or no friends.
- Repeatedly in trouble at school.
- Seems to daydream and lose interest quickly.
- Disruptive and uncooperative at home and school.
- Seldom completes assignments or does them poorly.
Source: Kris Jenkins, West Central Region, Bates County, Human Environmental Specialist, University of Missouri Extension
Last update: Wednesday, May 13, 2009