What are some signs of concern I should
watch for concerning my child's physical development?
If your child shows any of these symptoms, consult your
- Babies or children are extremely awkward and clumsy compared to other children the same age.
- Babies have no head control at 7 months.
- Babies show little or no large motor movement.
- Babies cannot sit alone at 12 months.
- Babies cannot stand alone at 15 months.
- Babies cannot walk at 18 months.
- Children cannot jump up or down or across a small object at 4 years.
- Children cannot hop on one foot at 6 years.
- Children cannot balance on one foot for five seconds at 6 years.
Source: ParentLink, 4-H/Youth Development, University of Missouri-Columbia
Last update: Wednesday, May 13, 2009